Wednesday 4 May 2016

First, buy a Camera!!

Get a Camera. This is very tricky or personal thing!
We all want the best, the most exclusive, the biggest...But in Collodion we must be very practical at the beginning. I once received and advice (The best one that someone could give me and I feel grateful for it) from Andrey Donchev, a very good camera builder form Bulgaria!! He build real beauties!! I was really interested in one of his cameras en the mail I received changed my perception of Collodion. "Start from small, get a lot of practice first and once you feel ready, you can buy one big camera. From me or from anybody else..."
So I took note and started with a nice 4 x 5". And it is my advice too. If you are interested in this technique and lloking for a LF Camera, start with a small one! You will spend less money in the camera itself, in materials, etc. and you can always grow up...
I choose a wonderful Wista M450 Camera 4 x5" from 70´s. It´s a Swedish camera build in Japan and it came from United States. An international start. Here is my little beauty!!

Copyright Photo by Collodion diary, 2016
Copyright Photo by Collodion diary, 2016
Copyright Photo by Collodion diary, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment