Wednesday 4 May 2016

A fresh start

I have been thinking a lot on how to start this project. On how it all started...
Maybe it was a need. The needing of re thinking myself, my life, my photography... Maybe it all came from a deception in some way. The sadness of looking how photography became so massive, so underestimate, so "vulgar" in some way. It all happened so fast, the digital photography, the evolution of the sensors, the firmware, the massive storage, the need of a computer, the "democratization" of photography, the cell phones, the dead of Kodak... Thousands of people taking pictures, storing junk, images that will become meaningless and forgotten.
I still remember my beginnings in photography...The laboratory, le liquids, the chemistry, the smell...
The magic in a simple word!! Maybe it is the need of the magic. Maybe I am a conservative photographer. Maybe I am just looking for myself...

Copyright by "Collodion Diary", 2016 



No comments:

Post a Comment